Our mission is to facilitate connections among students, faculty and the wider McGill community by providing a venue to engage in the discussion of sustainability research at McGill across many disciplines. The SRS promotes a sustainable future using McGill’s greatest asset: its collective brainpower.
In the past five editions, this unique symposium has welcomed over 500 participants from more than 20 departments at McGill, and featured 80 student poster presentations and 12 keynote speakers from McGill as well as other leading research institutions.
Past speakers include:
- Jonathan Foley, Institute on the Environment (IonE), University of Minnesota
- Peter Victor, York University
- Austin Troy, University of Vermont
- Zachary Patterson, Concordia University
- Petra Döll, University of Frankfurt
- David W. Wolfe, Cornell University
- Monica Mulrennan, Concordia University
- Pascale Biron, Concordia University
- Tom Gleeson, McGill University
- Claude Demers, Hydro Quebec
- Paul Lanoie, HEC Montreal
- Katja Neves, Concordia University