Sustainability research is, by design and necessity, interdisciplinary; researchers in this field require platforms and spaces to share ideas and create connections. The student-initiated McGill Sustainability Research Symposium (SRS) meets this need by bringing together faculty, students, and leaders from local Montreal groups to share research on, and solutions for, sustainability challenges that we face today.
In the past four editions, this unique symposium has welcomed over 300 participants from more than 20 departments at McGill, and featured 70 student poster presentations and ten keynote speakers from McGill and other leading research institutions.
Past speakers include:
- Jonathan Foley, Institute on the Environment (IonE), University of Minnesota
- Peter Victor, York University
- Austin Troy, University of Vermont
- Zachary Patterson, Concordia University
- Petra Döll, University of Frankfurt
- David W. Wolfe, Cornell University
- Monica Mulrennan, Concordia University
- Pascale Biron, Concordia University
- Tom Gleeson, McGill University
- Claude Demers, Hydro Quebec